Compare Excel Worksheets and Workbooks
Home page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
[View without Frames]
Normally I would create a page with my stuff and place related material
below in a separate area. I figure there is a lot of comparison
code available free where people have spent a lot more time, so I expect
this page to just be some links, and I've not really needed to compare files
so these are basically untested. I have done things where I want to
make sure I can find a subroutine and don't have duplicate names etc,
which you can check out at buildtoc.htm.
Actually some of there were already in my index.
Old Deja links have been converted to Google -- everything should
be working now.
- Compare two workbooks
- Compare, Bill Manville &. Myrna Larson see Compare at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download
- Compare two worksheets utilizing a 3rd to mark differences --
- =IF([Book1]Sheet1!A1=[Book2]Sheet1!A1,"","X") -- Chris Nelson 1999-03-08 -- Jim Rech 1999-02-22
- Compare, Robert Bruce see compare at
- sheetdif.xls http://www.cranley.demon.co.uk/alan/Excel/sheetdiff.xls
- by Alan Linton -- <A4k2lEAIrDj5EwWC@cranley.demon.co.uk> Alan Linton, programming, 2000-08-05, also created
but did not test a copy as sheetdif_xl95.xls for XL95 users.
The comparison engine built in to MS Word is available on
the Office 2002 (Office XP) toolbar read about at DocuComp comparison engine,
which is available for comparing archived web pages in both the
advance search and in display of archived dates for a document at
- WaybackMachine at archive.org
This page was introduced on August 06, 2000.
[My Excel Pages -- home]
[INDEX to my site and the off-site pages I reference]
[Site Search -- Excel]
[Return to TOP]
Please send your comments concerning this web page to: David McRitchie
send email comments
Copyright © 1997 - 2004, F. David McRitchie, All Rights Reserved