Toolbars in IE and in Firefox
Home page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
For arrangement purposes, I prefer to have Google at the top, and folders for my links bar,
@ Links shortcut in Favorites
C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Favorites\Links
bookmarks (menu), Manage bookmarks
Both Google bar, and address bar expand to fit the window.
F6, takes you to the next frame, actually called move forward between frames takes you to the Google search, and
Alt+D, takes you to and selects the address in the address bar
(the shortcuts apply to both Internet Explorer and Firefox)
Home (beginning), End (end), TAB (next link) and other shortcuts in IE. If you are used to
the shortcuts in IE you won‘t have any problem with the
Firefox shortcuts (see Firefox HELP, shortcuts) and the Firefox Help shows
a comparison of the shortcuts in several browsers. Firefox also
shows you the mouse shortcuts, something lacking in Microsoft applications.
Images take from screen with a
Screen Resolution of 1024 x 768, windows shown are about 2/3 of width of screen.
Examples of Toolbars (#examples)
If you don’t see the same symbols in Firefox as in IE for
search.htm you must
identify the webding and wingding fonts to Firefox (see wingdings in Firefox)
- Excel - My Excel Pages, Excel macro solutions as building blocks with usage notes to help beginners and fairly advanced users work with Excel spreadsheets. Worksheet Formulas, VBA Macros, Backup & Recovery, Color Palette, Conditional Formatting, Event Macros, Excel Newsgroups, Response Time Considerations, Generating HTML, List of Functions and Subroutines, Shortcuts, Menus/Toolbars
- Firefox, Mozilla Firefox offers more robust bookmarklets (IE limits size), better Ad Blocking (project) to block banner ads, and block popups. Includes solving some of he intialial frustrations with
fonts, editing, working with URLs, titles, and selections in copy and paste.
- Internet Explorer 6.0, some initial things
you should be aware of in IE, includes links to additional IE features, and setting up your Outlook Express.
- Right-Click Menus in Internet Explorer, Right-Click menus are also known as Context menus and as Pop Up menus. Also available
is Firefox Right-Click Menus.
- Excel -- Toolbars, Custom Buttons and Menus
Bookmarklets; There are a lot of links on this page. The following
BookMarklets (Favelets) will distinguish between internal or external links.
First click on
and then on
Your browser's Reset button (F5) will reload
the original unmodified web page.
This page was introduced on August 6, 2004.
[My Excel Pages --
home] [INDEX to my site and the
off-site pages I reference]
[Site Search -- Excel] [Go Back]
[Return to TOP]
Please send your comments concerning this web page to: David McRitchie
send email comments
Copyright © 1997 - 2004, F. David McRitchie, All Rights Reserved